0
Like Me

  Likes
0
Views

  Views
0

Shares

Documents in decades old sex abuse case against Ex-Boston officer to be released

The city of Boston is expected to release documents Tuesday related to a decades old sex abuse investigation involving a former police officer and union chief.Patrick Rose Sr., 66, a retired officer and the one-time president of the Boston Police Patrolmen’s Association, was accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old child in 1995. The criminal complaint was eventually dropped, but an internal investigation concluded that Rose likely committed a crime. He was allowed to stay on the force, and was often sent to respond to cases involving children. Rose pleaded not guilty to 33 charges involving six alleged victims. Boston Mayor Kim Janey promised to release the documents from the 1995 case – but the release was delayed until Tuesday.“It is appalling that there was a documented history of alleged child sexual abuse, yet this individual was able to serve out his career as an officer and eventually become the head of the patrolmen’s union for several years,” she said in a statement earlier this month. “Under no circumstance will crimes of this nature be tolerated under my administration, and we will not turn a blind eye to injustices as they arise.”The Boston Police Department said it was legally prohibited from commenting “on the facts and circumstances of the 1995 investigation of these horrific allegations.”

The city of Boston is expected to release documents Tuesday related to a decades old sex abuse investigation involving a former police officer and union chief.

Patrick Rose Sr., 66, a retired officer and the one-time president of the Boston Police Patrolmen’s Association, was accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old child in 1995.

Advertisement

The criminal complaint was eventually dropped, but an internal investigation concluded that Rose likely committed a crime. He was allowed to stay on the force, and was often sent to respond to cases involving children.

Rose pleaded not guilty to 33 charges involving six alleged victims.

Boston Mayor Kim Janey promised to release the documents from the 1995 case – but the release was delayed until Tuesday.

“It is appalling that there was a documented history of alleged child sexual abuse, yet this individual was able to serve out his career as an officer and eventually become the head of the patrolmen’s union for several years,” she said in a statement earlier this month. “Under no circumstance will crimes of this nature be tolerated under my administration, and we will not turn a blind eye to injustices as they arise.”

The Boston Police Department said it was legally prohibited from commenting “on the facts and circumstances of the 1995 investigation of these horrific allegations.”

About admin

Leave a Reply